Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Kook aid + Yarn = :)


I've been experimenting with yarn dying with Kool Aid.  I am having a blast.  There are lots of tutorials out there, so I won't give a detailed tutorial.  Instead, I'll share a basic overview.  I purchased some sock yarn (Lion Brand Sock Ease, 100 gram skein) on sale at Joanns.  I like this brand because it is 75% wool, 25% nylon and takes dye beautifully.  I re-wound it into a large skein around chair legs in my kitchen.  Next, I soaked it in luke warm water with vinegar for a few minutes.  Then added the dye and heated it in the microwave to set the dye until the water was clear.  I rinsed it in the bath tub and hung it to dry.  Tadaaah!  I love it.  These will become socks, or scarves or shawls...probably for gifts.  I love to play with yarn and color.  Happy, Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment