Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

What happened to my country??

Today I am just wondering, "What happened to my country?".  Increasingly I don't recognize what I see.  I was raised with values, morals and beliefs that almost seem extinct today.

I am trying to raise my kids with the old fashioned belief that this is the best country in the world, full of opportunities available to those who will work hard and sacrifice.  I am trying to pass on to them the expectation that they become self sufficient, educated, contributors to a great society and that the best way to do that is inside an intact, God fearing family unit.  I am frustrated by the fact that even though I see many good examples of the same values and expectations among my friends and associates....there is so much of the opposite around and our elected officials seem to be unable or unwilling to promote the values and beliefs that this country was founded upon.

What happened?  How do we fix it?  Is there still hope to reverse the trend and avoid the train wreck that is already in progress?

1 comment:

  1. I think you are a GREAT mom. I couldn't agree more- this country NEEDS God-fearing, family-centric family units. What ever happened to put relgion, hard work, faith, determination, fidelity, and common sense out-of-date?

    ReplyDelete